Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Disneyland 2016

We just returned from an amazing time in Disneyland.

The weather was stellar (28-32 degrees every day - so actually a wee bit hotter than we expected for February, whew), the parks were a blast (it was my first time at California Adventure), our hotel was brand new and awesome, and the kids had a wonderful time!

The first night there we enjoyed the hotel amenities....fireplace with wine for the adults....pool with outdoor movie for the kids.  Amazing.




Day 1 - we finally arrived!


We made a beeline for the most popular attraction right away....first up: Carsland and Radiator Racers.  We loooooved it!




Next we hopped over to the pier and tried out the ferris wheel....except we weren't prepared for the swinging cars and this actually freaked Neela out a bit (and she is a major thrill seeker so we found this amusing). 




That afternoon we watched the Soundsational Parade and got to see lots of characters.




The next day we used our magic morning early entry to tackle Star Tours and everything else in Fantasyland...






Then we jetted over to Splash Mountain and literally walked right on the ride. We could have gone several more times without any line-up but we also wanted to do Pirates again and Indiana Jones.

Yup, based on this photo I'd say I was a wee bit freaked out.  I don't have the stomach of steel like everyone else, but I still did all of the major rides and I am proud of myself! 


Toon Town and a visit with Mickey himself (we got a lot of professional photos taken at the park and I am still waiting for the Mickey shot).


That night we returned to the park for more rides and the Paint the Night Parade. Wow, talk about mind-blowing!  I'll try to post some videos soon - here are just a few of the awesome things we saw:








Final day we were starting to get tired out...and it was HOT!  We still got in lots of rides - at both parks! - and ended the adventure as we started it....with another few trips to Carsland!

Happy Lunar New Year Parade

It's a small world....


 Faced another fear and managed to ride the Tower of Terror.....yes, it was terrifying.  This was so extreme for me that I couldn't even scream...I just coped.  haha.






Some of the professional photos we had taken (more to come!):

 

 

Holding Tinker Bell!