Monday, August 1, 2016

Spring and Summer, 2016

I'm getting really bad at keeping up with the blog, but this has been such a great place to capture memories.  For memory-sake...here is a quick rundown of the past few months:

1. The kids each participated in hip hop dance classes this year.  They each really liked it and did very well.  Neela will continue on dancing next term, adding another class to her routine, but Ashton is going to switch gears and focus on the art of Hapkido.

Neela with her Aunty, in costume

Ashton with his Grandma, in costume


2.  Neela completed another year of piano and did so well. It has been great getting her exposed to music.

3. Together with another career professional, I started another company - CareerPreneur Partners. After years of being asked to support and mentor other career professionals we realized it was due time to establish something formal.  Just another item to add my ever-expanding work list LOL. (I also just submitted career documents for a 5th book...I now sit on the Board at Career Professionals of Canada...and I've been featured in the media quite a bit in recent months!).



3. The kids 'graduated' from grades 1 and 4.  Each did exceptionally well in school this year and we can't believe how fast they are growing.


4.  Nigel and I attended our 20-year high school reunion!  Considering we met and started dating in high school, this event had special meaning.



5. We kicked off summer with lots of activities!  The kids did 2 straight weeks of swimming lessons...lots of hiking and bike rides....family time.....berry picking...kite flying...growing veggies in our garden....and our upcoming vacation this month are making the summer days fly by!


Nigel installing our lil garden box (that he custom built) where we planted peas, carrots, lettuce, and strawberries.  We also planted tomatoes and zuchinni on our deck.

One of our fav places to escape....

Biking buddies!


The start of our tomatoes!

Picking strawberries at the farm

Rhubarb!


All of the yummy things we picked at the farm

I made lots of lots of jam with those strawberries

Flying our big kite

Another trip to the woods

Collecting tadpoles

Our new lil pets

Ice cream from the ice cream man!


5.  I checked another item off my bucket list and got a tattoo.  I wanted something in tribute to the kids....but nothing too crazy or large.  Chinese writing seemed perfect (goes well with the jade bracelet I haven't taken off for the past 4 years).  I love the final result (although I did not like the process...ouch!).