Friday, June 26, 2015

The start of summer...

Well, summer has officially started.  I can not believe how quickly this past year went by.  Every day, every week, and every month just zooms along!

My dad got a new boat, and Ashton got to drive it.  He was pretty proud.




After hiking Heart Mountain we decided to go back and hike the easier Heart Creek Trail.  The kids really enjoyed it.  Nigel took each kid up to the top of a rock peak to see the waterfall....








Lots of storms have been rolling through the city these past few weeks.  Makes for some interesting skies.  This is a shot from my bedroom window - it was like the ocean was floating.



My babes....


Daily routine - Ash and I out driving.



Neela's grade 3 teacher is from Scotland and was just here for one year doing a teacher exchange.  The thing is, the kids got VERY attached to her.  The parents hosted a farewell party in mid-June and it was pretty emotional.  


The beloved Miss McGrouther and Neela

A gift from the students - everyone's hands.

And just like that....Neela is finished with grade 3 and on to grade 4. Gasp! She is so big!  Today was Neela's last day of school and it was an emotional one.  My poor babe had a complete breakdown having to part ways with her teacher...but she has this awesome shirt to keep as a reminder of the great year!

Yesterday was Ashton's last day of Kindergarten.  Again, what?!!!  I can't believe that after years and years of back-and-forth and half-day school.....both of my kids will be in school full time next year. WOW.