Thursday, January 29, 2015

Gone, but Not Forgotten


The start of a new year always gets me invigorated and motivated...so I shot out of the gate at the start of this month thinking it would be a great one.  Unfortunately January 2015 was unexpectedly difficult.

Nigel lost an uncle right after Christmas and his parents made the long trip back to Trinidad to spend time with family.  We wish we could have been there, but the travel was long and our month was so unusually full.

I made the mistake of packing this month extra full with activities and clients, thinking I would have lots of energy and drive.....but that quickly caught up with me.  On top of the extra bustling month and the return to routine challenges, my aunt became extremely ill the first week of the month.   She hung on bravely, but passed away on January 15. She was only 53. Our family was so caught off guard, and sad.

I spent a lot of time this month worried about her.....reflecting on her....and trying to connect with family.  I can't recall ever feeling this level of surreal sadness.  It was certainly a month of reflection on many levels.

Sheryl was a very positive and outgoing person.  I have many fond memories of her - always smiling!  Her celebration of life had several hundred people in attendance; people were packed in - standing room only. That truly spoke to her character.

She will be missed by many.....including me.