Friday, April 10, 2015

Hawaii - Food

So this time we tried to enjoy a bit more local cuisine and different restaurants.  Man, I will MISS the food although my body could do without it. ;)  I am not normally much of a foodie but I fell in love with the food this trip.   These pictures don't even capture all of the fresh fruit, casual eats, and fun drinks we had:

Chocolates and wine for lunch one day.  Heh, its vacation:


At the resort restaurant Duke's.  GOOD food and we sat oceanside and the whales were right there!



BEST fish n chips and salad, yum:


Morning coffee on the lanai.  Fresh Hawaiian coffee:



Aloha Mixed Plate. We definitely mixed it up and tried a lot of different things:





Bubba Gump Shrimp.  LOTS of shrimp:



I had the best mahi mahi tho:


Slappy Cakes:



I have been missing out; never seen these before:



Traditional shave ice:

Lava flows.  Mine was regular, Neela's was virgin.  Oh my.....


Back to Duke's.  We though the food here was great and the view was just stunning:





Ended it all with one giant piece of the famous Hula Pie:



I finally got my wish and scored some of these chocolate covered pineapple candies.  Delicious!