Thursday, August 4, 2011

Butterfield Acres

I had promised myself that I would take the kids over to Butterfield Acres one morning this summer, and today was the day!  They both had a blast. The highlight for Neela was finally getting to ride on a real horse (a pony to be exact, but she didn't think there was much difference) and Ashton couldn't believe his luck getting to touch and chase the animals with abandon!

 Checking out the horses

 Peacocks

 Goats



 The piglets - we could have gone in...but the pen was pretty dirty and the smell, ugh!

 Bunnies






 Big trikes!


 
I wasn't able to get pictures of the kids on the pony...my hands were full!  Perhaps we will get a chance to head back again before the summer is up.

Listen as Neela discovers a baby goat drinking milk from its mom in this video; too funny!